Commercial Project Manager for Development Firm
BlackRock Construction, a division of Adam Hergenrother Companies, is an assemblage of award-winning construction and development professionals headquartered in South Burlington, Vermont, offering industry leading innovation and excellence with each project.
BlackRock Construction was founded in 2012 and was just ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest growing companies for the second year in a row. BlackRock Construction’s model is a bottom-up approach in which there is the ability to identify, acquire, permit, construct, and market/manage real estate assets. BlackRock Construction’s team is an assemblage of professionals in development, construction, and finance with decades of combined experience. BlackRock Construction’s vision for creating projects is based in practicality and realism. As a successful developer of custom homes and luxury residences, as well as commercial, mixed-use, and senior care projects, BlackRock Construction is passionate about opportunities that create value in our local communities.
BlackRock Construction has a new opening for a Project Manager for our Commercial Construction Division who will be responsible for overall project management duties liaising between all BlackRock staff, vendors, sub contractors, site superintendents, and our clients during the development and building process to ensure our projects are executed at the highest level.
- Driving the cost of the project to ensure each project is completed on-time and on or under budget
- Pre-construction and construction value engineering
- Project planning, including including scheduling, complete a job schedule for each job and manage schedules for multiple projects
- Estimating, forecasting, bidding, and setting up budget based on estimate
- Oversee design-build and collaborate with design team and owner
- Support Development Division
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Contract creation for scope and schedule, including resolution of contract issues
- Project buy-out
- Prepare and manage submittals required by specifications
- Document management, ensure construction drawings and specifications are up to date, and contract documentation
- Write solution orientated RFIs as required
- Prepare change orders for scope revisions
- Prepare materials for order, set up purchase orders and verify quantities
- Oversight for each project’s billing, invoice approval, change order preparation and submission, percent complete, forecasting
- Subcontract scope of work and coordination of subcontractors and vendors
- Support securing building permits and other entitlements
- Lead production/QC meetings
- Negotiations with vendors, subcontractors, suppliers, and prospective clients
- Management of Site Supervisors
- The Project Manager candidate must possess a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated project management experience on commercial construction projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial construction practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge in Critical Path Method (CPM) schedule development and maintenance utilizing Sage 100 Contractor.
- Demonstrated ability to assist in preconstruction efforts by writing scopes of work for work packages, development of general condition costs, perform constructability analysis, quality and cost control of design, develop site logistics plans, and other preconstruction activities.
- Knowledge of contract delivery methods including, but not limited to, general contracting/lump sum, construction management-at-risk, design-bid-build, and design-build.
- Practical knowledge of standard software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Google Drive.
- Experience with project management software application(s) a plus particularly Sage 100 Contractor.
- Must be able to prepare scopes of work (SOW), itemized change order estimates, and proposal preparation duties.
If you are excited about the opportunity to work with a fast-paced, growing organization, have a high standard of excellence, and are able to juggle multiple competing priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently, we want to hear from you. Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume to Hallie Warner at email@example.com.
Adam Hergenrother Companies is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. Adam Hergenrother Companies does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.