Director of Community Life at the Residences at the Essex
The Residences at the Essex, a division of Adam Hergenrother Companies, has a new opening for a Director of Community Life. The Director of Community Life will be responsible for managing the coordination of resources available to clients of the Residences at The Essex and improve the quality of life for those residents. This is accomplished by increasing residents’ access to services and by facilitating their participation in programs that enhance their physical, social, and mental well-being.
The Director of Community Life acts on behalf of The Residences at The Essex to develop and implement supportive services at the facility. He/she is responsible for ensuring that the needs of the residents are balanced with the priorities and standards of the organization.
Additional Responsibilities Include
- Develop and implement supportive service programming in collaboration with residents, management, and local community service providers.
- Provide ongoing outreach services to identify individuals who would benefit from services, recruit participants and new community service providers, and identify program and service gaps.
- Act as a liaison to local human service providers, various agency relationships and community groups. Coordinate the delivery of services with local human service providers.
- Maintain all necessary information regarding services to residents.
- Oversee and/or provide crisis intervention, case management, and follow-up services to referrals from management, residents, or other agencies.
- Support resident efforts in community building initiatives.
- Identify potential 3rd party funding for new and expanded programs in the development.
- Assist other department staff in understanding and participating in the goals and programs initiated by resident services.
- Review and submit all billing and program reports required by funding sources, monitoring entities, and The Residences at the Essex.
- Attend all required meetings and prepare and participate in additional and/or special projects as required from time to time.
- The Director of Community Life position requires an ability to work in a complex and non- traditional human service setting with a diverse population of senior residents. A combination of education and experience that results in knowledge of the human service system and experience working with the children and families of senior residents, persons with disabilities, and an senior population is essential.
Suggested Education and Training Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, or related specialty OR significant work experience relevant to the position.
- Proven track record of facility management maintaining standards of care and services to a large number of residents in an age restricted setting.
- Experience in coordination of a variety of activities targeted to improve the mental and physical well-being of seniors.
- Have established relationships with affiliate service providers as well as experience sourcing new partnerships.
- Participate in ongoing training and networking programs conferences, webinars, workshops and regional forums.
- Limited evening/weekend hours may occasionally be required.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Hallie Warner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Director of Community Life in the subject line.
Adam Hergenrother Companies is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. Adam Hergenrother Companies does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.