Director of Property Management
At Adam Hergenrother Companies (AHC), we don’t follow the rules, we create them.
We are leaders. We value personal and professional growth. We accept challenges, set goals, and exceed them. We refuse to stay in mediocrity and instead choose to live purposeful lives without limits. We believe that there is always a way and we never give up. We work hard, and we play even harder. We are the company of the future.
Adam Hergenrother Companies is currently searching for a Director of Property Management who will be an integral part of our team.
The Director of Property Management will be responsible for building and growing the property management division of Adam Hergenrother Companies, including all aspects of managing our current properties as well as increasing our property count. As our Director, you OWN the leasing, customer service, and growth of the business.
Your goal will be three-fold. First, you will be responsible for managing and leasing our existing residential and commercial properties. Second, you will be responsible for building a profitable and successful organization, including liaising with various vendors, setting up systems and operations, and building our property management portfolio. Third, you will provide exceptional customer service, make quick and informed decisions, and strive to achieve win-win solutions.
This position requires a well-organized and driven individual, a self-starter who likes to take control once they understand the vision. This individual will be systematic and committed to following up and following through, while being flexible and able to pivot quickly as the company grows.
We are looking for a builder. Someone who is excited and challenged by the idea of building a thriving organization in Vermont that can be modeled and scaled to launch in additional out-of-state markets.
AHC prides itself on hiring high performing individuals. High performers like to hang out with other high performers. This job is not for everyone. The bar is set high. Our team has strong standards and expectations and so do we. Our team thrives under pressure, isn’t afraid of working long hours, or going above and beyond to get results.
You will be directly reporting to Adam Hergenrother Companies’ CEO and Chief of Staff and regularly collaborating with our real estate company leadership team, as well as the Realtors in our office.
MAIN JOB TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Develop a high quality on-site team through implementation of effective recruitment, training, motivation, and coaching programs. Connect and mentor all site team members to identify candidates for future advancement
- Develop and execute business plans, sales/marketing plans, annual operating budgets and/or forecasts.
- Review property financial performance throughout the month to ensure performance is in line with budget. Effectively communicate performance concerns to the AHC leadership team immediately.
- Achieve the highest possible portfolio cash flow through implementation of effective revenue improvement, successful collections, effective staffing, and cost control programs.
- Develop, execute and monitor the pricing and renewal strategy for each property to maximize collected net effective rent growth and cash flow.
- Develop and implement effective sales and marketing plans to achieve rental income and renewal goals.
- advertise and fill vacancies/obtain referrals from existing residents
- process applications and follow up with applicants
- promote and show properties to prospective tenants
- interview, qualify and place tenants
- maintain updated availability reports
- keep rental at optimum capacity
- maintain positive community relations
- negotiate, prepare and enforce leases/complete all required paperwork for new tenants
- collect security deposits/ensure timely payments and collections
- ensure the premises is ready for new occupants
- maintain all statutory required records
- ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- enforce terms of rental agreements
- check and pay invoices
- Professionally represent the Company with its clients.
- orient new tenants to the property/maintain timely communications with residents
- investigate and resolve resident complaints and concerns in a timely and efficient manner
- enforce occupancy policies and procedures
- monitor and complete maintenance and repairs timely and cost-effectively
- ensure security of premises and maintain security devices
- implement preventative maintenance programs
- negotiate and manage contracts with outside vendors
- direct and control all subcontractors, vendors, and resources to ensure property is properly maintained
To apply, please seem cover letter and resume to Hallie Warner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put AHC Director of Property Management in the subject line.
Adam Hergenrother Companies is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. Adam Hergenrother Companies does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.